Tattoos have risen in popularity in modern times, and it now seems that everyone is out there trying to decide what is the best image to adorn themselves with and show off to the world! Some people prefer stars or crosses, others Celtic tattoos, and still others like Tribal tattoos. There seems to be no limit to the number of different styles available!
If you are looking for a unique tattoo idea, you should consider getting a dragonfly tattoo. These beautiful, intricate insects are being inked more and more commonly these days, but are still somewhat rarer than most. Chances are that your family & friends will be truly amazed if you choose to get this type of tattoo!
So, why get a dragonfly inked? Whether it is your first tattoo or just getting a new tattoo, here are some great reasons to consider this particular tattoo design:
1. Impact - these designs are intricate and require a skilled tattooist to apply correctly. They look awesome on your skin!
2. Wearability - these tattoos can be worn just about anywhere on your body. Some of the best locations are on the forearm or upper shoulder, looking as if they have just alighted for a well-deserved break from a busy morning of buzzing around!
3. Meaning - dragonfly tattoos represent many different things. Most importantly they represent change, as (like butterflies) they transform from an ugly little worm into a beautiful creature. Unlike butterflies though, they also represent agility and speed, as well as freedom with their ability to effortlessly fly where & when they like! They are also a universal symbol of good luck in the world of body art.
4. Unisex Appeal - these unique tattoo designs can be worn equally proudly by both men & women, whereas butterflies and other insects have mostly female appeal (with the exception, of course, of Pappillion!). Dragonflies are both fragile & strong at once, and can send a vast array of messages about the person who displays them!
5. Rarity - although slowly becoming more common, dragonfly tattoos are rarer than most other types of insect imagery and will be a great point of discussion & interest for the people you meet. An extremely good ice-breaker at parties!
If you need any further convincing, just go outside on a bright sunny morning and try to spy a dragonfly. You will be enchanted by their fragility, amazed at their agility, and marvel at their ability to seemingly be everywhere at once. Imagine encapsulating all of that in an amazing dragonfly tattoo design!
As mentioned, patience & skill is required to apply this tattoo, so be prepared to invest some serious time when you make your final choice. Some people decide to get a pair done - perhaps one in flight (with wings spread), and then return at some later date and have one nearby that has landed (with wings folded). This is a truly awesome tattoo idea - thoroughly recommended!
Photographer: my love
Notesicture took at the sea side. It's not a permanent tattoo but I'm thinkin' of makin' one. I didn't use my camera because I didn't took it when I...